Juvenile Court

Types of Court Cases
The Hall County Juvenile Court is an independent court organized under Chapter 11 of Title 15 of the Official Code of Georgia. The Juvenile Court is dedicated to serving the residents of Hall County by hearing all cases involving:
  • Allegations of deprivation (abuse and neglect)
  • Unruly conduct (truancy, habitually disobedient of the reasonable commands of parents runaway from home without permission) of children under the age of 18
  • Delinquency (criminal acts)
  • Traffic violations concerning children under the age of 17 found within its jurisdiction
Parental Rights
Juvenile Court also conducts trials in cases where the State of Georgia attempts to terminate parental rights, due to chronic abuse and/or neglect, so that children can be placed in a permanent home. A permanent home can be either with suitable family members or with an adoptive family.

Custody, Child Support & Guardianship
Juvenile Court can also consider cases such as:
  • A father attempting to legitimate a child born out of wedlock
  • Custody and child support determination cases transferred from the Superior Court
  • Certain aspects of child guardianship cases
Treatment, Rehabilitation or Supervision
If, after adjudication, a child is found to be in need of treatment, rehabilitation, or supervision to safely remain in the community, the court will provide access to high quality, appropriate treatment programs whenever feasible. Supervision is provided by Hall County Juvenile Probation Officers.


The mission of the Juvenile Court of Hall County is to ensure that:
  • Children whose well-being is threatened shall be assisted and protected and restored, if possible, as secure law-abiding members of society
  • Each child coming within the jurisdiction of the court shall receive, preferably in the child's own home, the care, guidance, and control that will be conducive to the child's welfare and the best interests of the state
  • When a child is removed from the control of his parents, the court shall secure for the child care as nearly as possible equivalent to that which his parents should have given the child