Selling & Serving Alcohol

Package Licenses

Package licenses are issued to grocery stores and convenience stores to sell alcoholic beverages in their original packaging and cannot be consumed on the licensed premises.

Consumption Licenses

Consumption on the premises licenses are issued to restaurants to sell alcoholic beverages by the drink on the licensed premises. Consumption on the premises licenses may not allow the sale of alcoholic beverages "to go." All alcohol must be consumed on the premises. Consumption licenses shall be only issued to restaurants that meet Hall County Code requirements. Restaurants must have:
  • Sanitary kitchen and dining room equipment with current Food Service Permit
  • Approved by the Building Inspection Department to have a minimum seating capacity of at least 30 people
  • Serve meals during at least 2 meal periods (breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner) per day
  • Be open for business at least 3 days a week
  • Be open at least 6 months a year (businesses may only close for seasonal reasons or up to 6 months per calendar year for remodeling)

Serving & Selling Alcohol Time Periods

Type of License
Day of Week or Holiday
Time Frame
Licensed Package Stores
Monday - Saturday
7 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.
Licensed Package Stores
Sunday 12:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Licensed Consumption Premises
Monday - Friday
11 a.m. - 12:45 a.m.
Licensed Consumption Premises
Saturday 8 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.
Licensed Consumption Premises
Sunday 12:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Any Licensed Establishment
Christmas Day
No Alcohol May Be Sold
Any Licensed Establishment
Christmas Eve
8 a.m. - 11:45 p.m.
Any Licensed Establishment
Election Day
See Applicable Tuesday Time Period