Persons must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a marriage license. If either person is age 17, there are additional requirements pursuant to O.C.G.A. 19-3-36, effective July 1, 2019.
17 year old may be issued a marriage license if all of the following are met:
- A petition is granted in Juvenile Court for emancipation and a certified copy of such Order is presented.
- 15 days have passed since the date the Order granting the emancipation was issued. THIS FORM is required to be completed and presented to the Court as proof of the emancipation order.
- The older party to the marriage is no more than 4 years older than the younger party.
- Applicants have completed premarital education pursuant to O.C.G.A. 19-3-30.1. THIS FORM is required to be completed and presented to the Court as proof of that education.
- $16.00 fee will be charged.
Marriage Applications may now be submitted online. After online submission, both applicants are still required to appear at the Hall County Probate Court to sign the application. Please read the instructions before logging in to understand the process.
When applying for a Marriage License, applicants must present either a valid driver's license, other identification card with photo and birth date, or valid passport.
If either applicant has had a prior marriage they will need to produce, at the time of application, a copy of the Final Judgment or Decree of Divorce signed by the Judge of Superior Court, or if either applicant's former spouse is deceased a death certificate will be required.
No Blood Test is Required
As of July 1, 2003, blood tests are no longer required to obtain a marriage license.
Both Parties Must Be Present
Both parties will be required to be present at the Hall County Probate Court at the time of application in order to sign the application.
Fees & Costs
Waiver You may qualify for a waiver of the application fee if you attend a qualifying premarital education program pursuant to Georgia House Bill 378 which entails a minimum of 6 hours of counseling. You must present this Certification of Qualifying Premarital Education Program Form (PDF) at the time of application in order to receive the discount on your license.
|Fees||Without Certification of Premarital Counseling
||With Certification of Premarital Counseling
|Vital Records Recording Fee
|Children's Trust Fund Fee